Friday 27 March 2015

Steampunk Mermaid Journal Cover

Hi everyone welcome back to my happy place and the last Design Team project for Imagine if!
I have truly enjoyed my crafting journey for the last 12 months creating pretties with the laser cut chipboard and MDF from Imagine if!
 
Remember to go visit for all your crafting supplies!
 
This weeks design Team Project Theme is Dolls and Tails.
I also had some wings to play with from one of my other projects.
 
 
 
Firstly I used some texture paste and a stencil to make the little circles aka barnacles or scales.
Once this was dry I used Tim Holtz distress ink 'peeled paint' over the area of circles I then painted with Inca gold, this gave a lovely effect.

 
For the tail I had a spare piece of paper that looked like scales which was of course perfect!
 I went around the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink 'pumice stone' to give a slight dirty/grunge look.
I then wrapped some string netting around her tail to look a little like she had been caught in some debris.
 
 
I  used some more of the same netting to make her hair, Painted her wings to look like scraps of metal, attached a few chains and an anchor, painted some lips on and placed a heart in her hand.
 
 
 
She makes a great journal cover don't you think?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment