Sunday 14 September 2014

Steam Punk Tag

Hi everyone and welcome back to my happy place!
 
This weeks Design Team Project is using these gorgeous "tags" from Imagine if
 

I knew I wanted to try my first Steam Punk project with these lovely tags!
The first thing to do was cover the front and back in a lovely paper from Graphic45.
Inked all edges with Vintage Photo to give the aged look!
 

After some thought on how I was going to do this (as my daughter was watching very closely on how I was going to execute "Steam Punk")
 
I chose a dress form and cogs from Imagine if,
 stained, inked and rubbed viva to achieve the effects I wanted.
Also have used the viva on all metal pieces to give them more dimension and interest!
 
 

After I attached all my pieces I decided to make a skirt from leftover bits of a bird cage id chopped for another project!
 

 
With a selection of fussy cut butterflies, a bodice, and sentiments I was pretty happy with how my tag was looking....but I felt like it needed something else!
 

Chains! it needed chains....I used a wee flower aged with viva to attach chain then caught it on the bottom of the cage skirt.
 


 
To complete this lovely I popped on a zipper top and threaded seam binding through it!
 
 
 
A very special thank you to my friend Jude for the gorjuss papers x
 
 
http://www.imagineifnz.blogspot.co.nz
 
click on the Imagine if link above to arrive at the blog and check out the other "Tag" creations!
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. fabulous. love the clock charm. great use of colour the green really catches the eye and draws you in. love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lilian you are truly an artist this is just too damn gorgeous Love Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete